The mission of the SEE-IFA project is to transfer innovation-boosting know-how to the South-East European countries. The overriding project goal is to strengthen the capacity of innovation systems in the partner countries by furnishing a know-how platform (SEE-IFA Network) and establishing institutions and programmes to promote innovation in micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
The aim is to foster the innovation capacity of MSMEs in South-East Europe and improve their access to funding. The project is designed to facilitate access to funds for innovative projects by MSMEs and to increase the service-provider quality of national agencies.
The specific missions of the project are to:
1. Identify needs and gaps in all SEE-IFA partner countries in the region with regard to their capacity to more effectively provide innovation and technology support to MSMEs.
2. Improve the exchange and transfer of know-how through assessing existing instruments as well as identifying and modifying transferable elements and through the implementation of new instruments.
3. Enhance the operating environment through identifying funding options and the development of a patent and licence fund.
4. Assist IFA partners and relevant bodies in setting up new innovation & finance agencies with adequate portfolios for innovation and technology support.
5. Increase the capacity of local players through mentoring, training, exchange schemes and study visits.